November 1, 2003
Questions for Creators
Questions for Creators are questions Clubhouse regulars can get in the habit of considering while they are working on a project. (They also are aligned to the Stages of Creativity in the Portfolios section of this Toolkit.)
- How does this represent something about me?
- Am I making this on my own? Am I doing things I haven't seen in the Clubhouse before?
- Does this creation mean something to me personally? How or why?
- How am I putting this together? Am I doing it alone?
- Will I be sharing this with anyone? Is this for the community or another audience?
- Has anyone helped or taught me how to do any piece of this?
- Will I teach anyone else my techniques?
- How do I feel about this work? Am I proud?
- What am I getting out of doing this work?
- What am I learning about myself?
- What are the challenges I encountered while doing this?
- In considering new areas or problems I encountered, are some of the solutions I came up with surprising?
- Would I solve future problems in similar ways?
PLANNING AND EXECUTING COMPLICATED PROJECTS
- What are/were my goals?
- How many attempts did it take me to do this? Did I set out with a plan/strategy for doing this?
- Did I come up with a strategy on the way?
- What people did I go to and/or what other resources did I try?
- Did it come out like I expected?
The Demo Prep tool can help individuals prepare to talk about their work, giving them a written record of their thoughts about a particular piece of work and the steps they went through while creating.
Creating in the Clubhouse: Thinking About Creativity
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Overview: How to Use These Resources to Share Work
- Starters: Thinking Like Designers
- Reflections: Thinking and Talking About Creative Work
- Feedback: Ways to Be a Constructive Audience
- Portfolios: How to Keep Track of Work